Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Duplicate Invoice (Read 1020 times)
Keith

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Duplicate Invoice
04/22/03 at 08:19:59

There was a post on the general topics section regarding duplicate invoice numbers in DBA. I can't seem to find it again and I encountered the same issue.

Will this cause a problem when the invoice's are paid? Same customer & SO # different Shipper# & date.

Keith

Keith Ruskay
AI-TEK Instruments, LLC
Version 2004.1 IS Tech Support Update 05/08/06
kruskay   IP Logged
vicki
Ex Member

Re: Duplicate Invoice
Reply #1 - 04/22/03 at 10:49:07

I was the one who posted the original problem and so far I havent had a problem YET. I just know that it will be I know that if you try to print the invoice it is a problem. I still have not heard a reply. cry

IP Logged
Mike_Habich

Reply #2 - 03/16/04 at 11:35:26

We shipped against an SO, and had a backordered item.  The original invoice was posted.  Now, we try to ship the backordered item on a new packing slip on a different date, and the old invoice number appears on the new invoice.  Why?  How can we fix?

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 03/17/04 at 07:48:41

Confirm the original invoice is truly posted by checking to see if it exists in SO-H.  Only posted invoices are available in that screen.  If you confirm that it is in fact posted, use Maintain Database on the BKARINV file to change the invoice number BEFORE posting the second invoice for the backorder.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Mike_Habich

Reply #4 - 03/17/04 at 08:23:38

But...errr...what if the second invoice has been posted?

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 03/17/04 at 09:16:39

If you do a lookup in SO-H, do you in fact have 2 entries listed for the same invoice number?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Mike_Habich

Reply #6 - 03/17/04 at 15:20:50

The first invoice was posted, and showed up in SO-H.  The second invoice hadn't been posted, so using Maintain Database was possible, and did work.  I also had to go to system defaults and increment the next sales invoice number.

Still wonder how a duplicate invoice number could be created...

Email   IP Logged
lmk223a

Accountant

Reply #7 - 03/29/04 at 07:02:14

Cheesy The only time we experience duplicate invoice numbers is when the first invoice is not posted (SO-G) and someone processes another sales order release (SO-E) against that same sales order.  

It is very important that when the first release and invoice is printed, that you answer "yes" to the prompt that says "mark these invoices as printed" and then make sure this invoice is posted (SO_G) before doing the next release.  If someone attempts to do a second release, DBA will give you a flag that there is an invoice pending against this sales order.

lmk223a

EVO/ERP 2007.2 3/2708 update, 15 users
Linda Kucan
Email   IP Logged
vicki
Browser

Greetings

Reply #8 - 04/13/04 at 11:34:36

I agree that that would be the case if under normal conditions. but, I have the same problem and the shipment have been posted and recorded. Sometimes I dont get duplicate numbers until a few months later. Thats when I have the most problems about catching the duplications.

Victoria Dukes
Thermometrics Corporation
www.thermometricscorp.com
Email WWW vichayden2002   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print