Send Topic Print
Forum Question (Read 705 times)
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Forum Question
11/29/04 at 13:12:04

I have a question about the forum.  If I don't log out before exiting from the forum, does it look like I am still logged in to other users?  I just figured out how to check my messages (! Tongue !) and realized that maybe these instant messages were sent while it looked like I was logged in when I wasn't really in the forum. I like to stay logged in because I don't have to remember my password!  But if people think I am here when I am not, I will log out before exiting.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Re: Forum Question
Reply #1 - 11/29/04 at 15:39:42

Don't look at me, I'm still trying to figure out if the light in the fridge goes out when I shut the door.

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura  D. Oliver

Reply #2 - 11/30/04 at 09:40:34

Cathy,
I can relate to (2) of the things you are talking about.

1)   I just realised I had a message yesterday that was from Oct 12th.....and sadly I DID KNOW how to check them....I just forget to look.

2)  When I enter  this forum from work I am never asked for my password,   but If I try to access it from home I am always asked for my password.      

I would guess that if you don't exit the ISTECH website it would appear to others that you are logged on.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #3 - 12/02/04 at 09:42:18

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think if you are logged in but not on-line, there is a cookie on your machine that allows you to go back on-line with out having to log in. When you go off-line, the site will show you not logged on even though you can access the site without logging in again. I hope I didn't confuse the situation more.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print