Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
09/20/24 at 22:29:52
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Two companies, 1 DBA install (Read 850 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Two companies, 1 DBA install
06/10/05 at 11:07:17

We have two companies that may be moving to reside in the same location.  We each use DBA, and I want to be sure I can definitely do one install, and simply have one company in DBA be for companyA, and other company set up in DBA for companyB.  I assume all I have to do is create the companies in DBA and then restore the backups to the respective company folders in the new setup, making sure when I create each company I use the same company number as before.  Is there anything else I have to do?

Initially, we want to keep the companies separate, but eventually they will merge into one company, for which I will need a whole set of instructions on how to achieve this!   Tongue

TIA,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Danimal

Re: Two companies, 1 DBA install
Reply #1 - 06/12/05 at 06:58:14

Not an easy task, but I admire your ambitions. Actually, we did the same thing a couple years ago, but also were dealing with the other division/location using a separate UNIX based ERP system. We were duplicating transactions into a separate company into DBA, making for a lot of extra work and overhead. Got them running DBA over a VPN before moving in, which helped the transition.

Copying their files to their respective folder as you have mentioned is all you should have to do, after setting up each company on your base installation of course. In the end, we combined our "companies," which was another task all by itself, but all worked well once complete.

The way that it was decided to accomplish this was to set up a purchase order for all of the inventory from the company moving in to transfer into the default company. Wish we had the enhancement that allowed for larger purchase orders at the time, or rather our bookkeeper, as we had to create multiple orders due to line restrictions.

HTH! Wink

Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 06/22/05 at 11:51:00

You comments are indeed helpful, I'm glad to know someone else has gone through some part of this.
It gives me courage!

Thanks again--anybody else have any insights?

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #3 - 06/22/05 at 17:48:00

If you want to actually merge the data of the companies later on contact Lynn directly and spend the money for a custom program to do that. I think she created one for another client some time back that might be able to be dredged up and used with some possible updating.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print