Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
06/26/24 at 09:01:07
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
5-25-09 update problem (Read 1287 times)
jts
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

5-25-09 update problem
06/03/09 at 07:19:14

I am getting an error message during the 5-25-09 update that seems to come directly after "Synchronizing Data Dictionary"  The BTrieve memo file (wbtrvmemo.b) could not be opened and BTrieve Memos will not be available.  Then the update just freezes after I hit ok.
We have been running on the 10/31/06 update so I thought I would try the 12/21/08 update the same thing occurred.  I have done a search on my dbamfg directory and have found this file in both the dbamfg and the default directory.  I have also found in the drill directory under dbamfg.
We are running DBA classic.  I am assuming that the update is trying to open the wbtrvmemo.b file in the default directory,  should I rename this with .bak extension and copy/past  the one from the dbamfg directory?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: 5-25-09 update problem
Reply #1 - 06/03/09 at 08:45:54

I suspect (since our conversation this morning) that the issue is the old version of Novell you are running and the Pervasive setting for "Use embedded spaces".  Let us know if that works.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
jts
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: 5-25-09 update problem
Reply #2 - 06/03/09 at 10:48:48

Lynn:

After changing the pervasive settings I did not get the Warning error "The Btrieve Memo File (wbtrvmemo.b) could not be opened and Btrieve Memos will not be available."
*but*
At about the same time during the update process I am getting the following message:
Fatal ERR-File EVOERPupd.src line; 2003
You have tried to access a file that has not been previously opened, or the file number value (FNUM) passed was 0.

The screen freezes with:
Utilities: ISNUMBER.B

I have not tried setting up a DBA working of a single workstation yet, and then updating.

Any help would be appreciated

Using DBA Classic
Upgrading from 10-31-06
5 users

Thank you for your help!!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print